Adapt to the latest trends and ways of working with Monotype Fonts. Here’s how.
Modern designers are often expected to fulfill several design-related roles at once, like animation, coding, and illustrating. And employers and clients need their design talent to create content on multiple platforms, including social media, video, websites, and print. In addition, the internet and social media allow new design trends to be rapidly created, shared, and appreciated by all—meaning it’s harder than ever to stay ahead of the trends.
Adaptability is one of the greatest strengths a designer can possess today. Designers who can deliver high-quality, on-trend designs that fulfill all the client’s needs are the ones who stay booked and busy. The Monotype Fonts platform includes built-in tools that make it easier than ever for designers to adapt quickly to changing requirements, trends, and project types. Use Monotype Fonts to:
Collect and organize your inspiration.
Monotype Fonts houses the world’s largest collection of fonts. Explore the vast library by style, foundry, and more, all in one place. Our collection is growing every day; Monotype’s foundry partners regularly add new fonts, and a steady stream of thoughtful acquisitions (like the recent Milieu Grotesque and Paulo Goode type catalogs) will continue for the foreseeable future.
- Browse the entire Monotype Fonts inventory from your dashboard. Use the font artwork as your own moodboard as you scroll through imagery of the type in use to get instant inspiration for how to use a potential font. Sort by font family, style, language, foundry, or source.
- Our expert-curated Collections can help you discover the perfect font for your project.
- The vastly popular WhatTheFont will now be embedded in the search function for you to search with images, allowing you to take a picture of any text in the real world, and drop the image into Monotype Fonts to explore the entire family.
- Use the search function to get to the right fonts and families for your projects. Can’t quite remember the full name of the font you saw somewhere? Search by keywords or Monotype Tags that use AI to deliver highly relevant results based on the typographic features. And you’ll stay ahead of trends, as Tags are constantly being added based on what designers are searching for.
- Have a favorite foundry or designer? Stay inspired by your favorite trendsetters when you search by their name to access their newest designs.
- To learn more about a font, just click the Similar button for an AI-generated collection of fonts that share typographic features.
- When you find a font you love, hover over it, and click the heart button. That will add the font to your Favorites list for quick accessibility. Create font lists for projects, brands, or teams so you can share with your collaborators. Then organize font lists, web projects, and digital ads within multi-level, nested folders.
Test and mock up.
The true meaning of flexibility is not having to decide to buy a font before even testing and comparing it in your design. Don’t make a font purchase decision you may regret. Instead, try as many fonts as you’d like while designing, no one-off purchase required. You can even create prototypes to share with your colleagues or client. Make your purchase only when you’ve found the perfect font for your design.
Truly adaptable designers are flexible not only in terms of their design methods and platforms but also in terms of their design aesthetic. Our annual Type Trends report offers a yearly snapshot of the fast-moving design world, surfacing the creative solutions that are most important to brands right now. Check out the 2023 Type Trends report for the 10 trends that are predicted to draw the most attention and interest over the next year—then use the tips above to incorporate on-trend fonts into your own projects using Monotype Fonts.